About Me

My photo
Well, this is me, Cassandra. I've loved the sims for years now-ever since my friend let me start a family on her game. I am also a bookaholic. I love books! And I love to write. I've been writing since I was eleven years old. Almost finished writing my own novel-but my grandmother never returned my story.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Starting Monday....





Monday. Eek There's nothing more nerve wracking for me than starting classes. Especially College Classes. It's my second year, one would think that I'd be used to it. No, I just know that I'm going to break down and cry. Hopefully no one will notice this time.

Normally I hate math. But In my first year of college I had two awesome math professors. I would always stay after class and get help from them. One even let me use the time in his other class so I could get more help. It can take awhile for me to learn some of the problems. Thankfully, I have the same teacher again. Yippee!
In High school I decided I was going to be a nurse. And since my school was a health school, I was able to get into a program. I loved it. When I got into College and took a biology class, I failed. I hate biology. I don't like getting into the brain (Eww!). It was fun looking at the skeletons though (the one next to my table was real). But it wasn't for me. I also hated getting up at 7 in the morning. I'm definitely not a morning person. I'm almost like Jackson from the Gilmore Girls in the morning.
Which reminds me, I need to get a tape recorder. I sometimes forget what the professor says when I'm taking notes.
So anyway, just because, here's a few survival
  • Go to class. Don't blow it off. If you do, you will regret it. 
  • Take notes. Even if you think you know it, take notes. And get a tape recorder, cause you wont be able to get everything the professor says.
  • Ask questions. Most likely there is another student with the same question.
  • Find a good place to study. Minimize the distractions. If music helps you study, turn it on to something soothing.
  • Take advantage of the tutoring lab, and don't stay up all night.
  • Turn assignments in on time. 
  • And if your really stressed out, write in a journal. Keep it private though, or at least dont use real names of whose stressing you out etc.
  • And make friends. College friends can last a lifetime and can help you out a lot.



















No comments:

Post a Comment