Monday. Eek There's nothing more nerve wracking for me than starting classes. Especially College Classes. It's my second year, one would think that I'd be used to it. No, I just know that I'm going to break down and cry. Hopefully no one will notice this time.
In High school I decided I was going to be a nurse. And since my school was a health school, I was able to get into a program. I loved it. When I got into College and took a biology class, I failed. I hate biology. I don't like getting into the brain (Eww!). It was fun looking at the skeletons though (the one next to my table was real). But it wasn't for me. I also hated getting up at 7 in the morning. I'm definitely not a morning person. I'm almost like Jackson from the Gilmore Girls in the morning.
Which reminds me, I need to get a tape recorder. I sometimes forget what the professor says when I'm taking notes.
So anyway, just because, here's a few survival
- Go to class. Don't blow it off. If you do, you will regret it.
- Take notes. Even if you think you know it, take notes. And get a tape recorder, cause you wont be able to get everything the professor says.
- Ask questions. Most likely there is another student with the same question.
- Find a good place to study. Minimize the distractions. If music helps you study, turn it on to something soothing.
- Take advantage of the tutoring lab, and don't stay up all night.
- Turn assignments in on time.
- And if your really stressed out, write in a journal. Keep it private though, or at least dont use real names of whose stressing you out etc.
- And make friends. College friends can last a lifetime and can help you out a lot.